- No illegal or illicit substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- No flammable items or liquids including aerosols and fireworks
- No backpacks or large bags
- No costume facial masks
- No selfie sticks
- No umbrellas
- No outside food or beverage including alcohol
- No bottles, cans, canteens, flasks, or coolers
- No opened over-the-counter medication or eye drops
- No balloons, balls, inflatable balls, frisbees or flying disks
- No chairs, stadium chair/seating, sleeping bags or tents
- No bicycles, skateboards, hover-boards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- No drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- No animals except for service animals assisting an individual with a disability. “Comfort,” “therapy” or “emotional support” animals do not meet the definition of a service animal and are not permitted entry to the Event.
- No large chains, chained wallets or spiked jewelry
- No laser pens, laser pointers, or similar focused light devices
- No water guns, squirt guns, spray bottles or misters
- No musical instruments, noisemakers or air horns
- No signs, flags or banners
- No professional cameras, flash cameras or video and audio recording equipment, or camera poles
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of law enforcement or security officials.
All attendees are subject to being searched prior to entry into the Event, including members of the media. By requesting entry into the Event, all attendees may be subject to a thorough TSA-style pat down search, including emptying pockets and bags, and having your items examined. Event Organizers shall, at all times, reserve the right to either deny any person entry into or to eject any person from the Event, who in the sole and absolute discretion of Event Organizers are in violation of Event rules, which rules may be updated from time to time, with or without notice. Event Organizers are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
In the order to maintain safety of everyone at the Sioux Empire Fair and continue to keep this a family friendly event the Sioux Empire Fair is enacting a 9pm curfew for anyone 17 and under not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Anyone 17 and under must be accompanied at all times after 9pm while on the W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds. The curfew will be enforced at the Sioux Empire Fair on the W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds for the duration of the fair.